Re: [Evolution] can't run any version of evolution

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 14:58 +1000, Rod Butcher wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 12:00 +1000, Rod Butcher wrote:
Hello, I have Linux 2.6.13 kernel, X.org 6.9, Gnome 2.14.2, all compiled
with gcc 4.02.
When I compile and run any version of Evolution (2.6 stable, 2.8 from
cvs etc) it always crashes when I try to create a message :-
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x086fa3f0 ***

[snip]
Is something wrong with my build or installation ?

Google for
    evolution "double free" glibc

The 4th hit is:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-hackers/2006-April/msg00004.html

Quote from the mentioned article : "This is not an Evolution issue, nor
a GNOME one. This is a Debian specific issue".
I have Mandrake not Debian. I have glib 2.11. I built the whole of Gnome
from cvs head. Evolution is the only app that crashes.
I already tried the mentioned workaround before I raised this topic, but
like Mark White I had no luck.

You're building from source, and didn't specify which version of
glib you are using (since GNOME can run with different versions)
Since you didn't mention what you've already tried, it's possible
that you ran into the same version mismatch that Debian did.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Being Politically Correct means always having to say you're
sorry."
Charles Osgood