Re: [Evolution] can't run any version of evolution

Ron Johnson wrote:
On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 12:00 +1000, Rod Butcher wrote:
Hello, I have Linux 2.6.13 kernel, X.org 6.9, Gnome 2.14.2, all compiled with gcc 4.02. When I compile and run any version of Evolution (2.6 stable, 2.8 from cvs etc) it always crashes when I try to create a message :-
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x086fa3f0 ***

[snip]
Is something wrong with my build or installation ?

Google for
    evolution "double free" glibc

The 4th hit is:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-hackers/2006-April/msg00004.html

Quote from the mentioned article : "This is not an Evolution issue, nor a GNOME one. This is a Debian specific issue". I have Mandrake not Debian. I have glib 2.11. I built the whole of Gnome from cvs head. Evolution is the only app that crashes. I already tried the mentioned workaround before I raised this topic, but like Mark White I had no luck.
thanks
Rod

http://distributedcomputing.info - find out how to make your pc work for the community