Re: [Evolution] Evolution Crashes When Sending Email - Backtrace Included

lÃr, 22,.04.2006 kl. 11.31 -0400, skrev Mark R. White:
I'm currently running Evolution 2.4.2.1 with Evolution-Exchange and
Evolution Plugins on Debian Etch 2.6.15 and I think I'm having a
problem with the libc6 on my machine, but I'm not familiar with
reading the output of the dbg program.  Below is the output of the
backtrace.  Can someone please help me deciper this?  Basically what
happens is when I compose an email and click send, it crashes at that
point.  I can read emails, ammend my calendar, basically anything else
but send an email.  While trying to recreate this series of events
through GDB, evolution doesn't actually crash as it does normally, but
it "freezes" and doesn't give any further info.  The email doesn't
send, but the program continues to run.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated and I apologize in advance if this appears to be a noob
question.

This seems to be a bug in evolution-exchange when running against
libglib2.10. Up until 2.6, evolution-exchange has been maintained
outside of the Debian evolution-team, so these bugs haven't been hunted
down. This will, hopefully be better in the future, and both evolution
and evolution-exchange 2.6 will reach unstable very soonish.

Hopefully the workaround in the link from Andre will help you until
these versions reach testing:

Start Evolution with a glib specific environment variable set:

  $ G_SLICE=always-malloc evolution

Cheers :)
 Heikki