[Evolution] Google import of Evolution iCal export

Hi,

Google calendar (calendar.google.com) doesn't seem to like Evolution
iCal files; I am trying to track down whether it is a problem with
Google's import, or evolution's export.

Looking at the differences between iCal files that Google is happy with,
and the iCal file generated by Evolution 2.6, the main difference seems
like Evolution generates timezone labels on start and end dates as
follows:

DTSTART;TZID=/softwarestudio.org/Olson_20011030_5/America/New_York:20060324T072000

while Google uses GMT labels:

DTSTART:20060324T132000Z

I suspect Google doesn't recognize the TZID inserted by Evolution. If I
interpreted the iCal RFC correctly, it would seem that the VTIMEZONE
stanza in the iCal file is used to bind the symbolic name used to a
timezone definition; this stanza is missing in the exported file. I
couldn't find any default behavior in the RFC for a user agent that
doesn't understand the TZID symbolic name lacking a matching VTIMEZONE
stanza.

Is the problem of Google being unable to import Evolution files a
problem with Google's parser, or Evolution's export?

cheers,
--
Saikat