Re: [Evolution] IMAP "Outbox" feature

Le jeudi 13 avril 2006 à 08:50 -0500, Ron Johnson a écrit :
On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 13:45 +0200, Jerome Warnier wrote:
I was wondering if any version of Evolution was able to use the "Outbox"
feature of IMAP, ie the feature in which instead of sending using SMTP,
you send mails through IMAP in a special folder, where the IMAP server
gets it right away and feeds it to his local MTA.
At least Courier IMAP permits this.

Out of curiosity: what is the point of this feature?
I see at least two benefits:
1) When you use SMTP + IMAP, to get your mail in the "Sent" folders, you
actually send them twice over your connection. So, this could spare
bandwidth.
2) Most DSL and cable providers[1] nowadays block outgoing port 25 to
lower spam and virii. You are only allowed to send to their relay, which
is sometimes flaky, or often blacklisted in RBLs, ... Moreover, when you
travel (or between home and the office), you have to change your SMTP
server each time, ...
Using your own mail server is most of the time better, and using a VPN
only for this is less than optimal.

If Evolution supports this, where can I configure it?
If not, is it planned?

Regards, and thanks to all the contributors to Evolution, the best
graphical MUA/GroupWare ever!

[1] at least in Luxembourg and Belgium