Re: [Evolution] Still failed to update

On Mon, April 10, 2006 16:55, Patrick O'Callaghan said:

I've never used Exchange in any form and hope never to need to, so I
won't presume to give you advice about it. However, note that one of the
main reasons for there not being more client support for it in Linux is
that AFAIK it uses proprietary MS protocols and data formats.

Indeed, but bear in mind that if the correct bits are turned on in
Exchange (OWA, and it's the correct version) you can access the mailserver
over IMAP, and the GAL over LDAP

Whenever evo goes screwy on me, I switch to thunderbird, and it works
fine. Doesn't do meeting request/ free/ busy, but I switch to the OWA for
that.

The problems that the OP reported seem about the distro, and the packaging
system, rather than evo itself.

Regards and hth

George