[Evolution] Re: Evolution-2.6 for MAC OSX (10.3, 10.4)

Hi

Just installed Evolution 2.6 -- this actually runs ok - unlike 2.4 / 2.2 which seemed to suffer from major permission issues

(An as a side note - so does the Fink installation :-()

I used to have Evolution running - version 1.4x - installed with Fink, on a 10.3.9 setup. By using Ximian-connecter I could talk to my company's exchange server. However, when I look through /opt/gnome-2.14/bin I cannot see any reference to it. From memory, this needed to be ran first before running Evolution. ( Evolution 2.2 package have Ximian-connector - but there was definite problems with it).

Is there a separate download, or do I need to download the older package & extract if ?

The FINK version is 1.5.9 something - and last time tried to "install" I also ran into problems ...

The "email setup" doesn't have any reference to an "Exchange" type account - although under plugins, I see there is an "Exchange" plugin

So, not sure what I am missing here - like to try evolution again as an alternative to Entourage

My current setup is OSX 10.4.5 / iBook 1.3 Ghz / 1 gig ram ...

Cheers

Dave Scott

The Senior Provisioning Engineer

Asia Netcom Design Centre