[Evolution] moving gif in signature

I would like to put a moving gif in my signature. I have two problems
with this.

I can only put a gif in a message with format HTML. When my signature is
HTML, I need to make the complete message HTML. Is there not a method to
have a HTML signature, but a text message?

The second problem is that when I insert the moving gif in my signature,
it is displayed perfectly in the signature. But when I send an e-mail
using this signature, it is not displayed when I receive this e-mail.
What is happening here?

--
Cecil Westerhof <CecilWesterhof xs4all nl>