Re: [Evolution] removing attachments

On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 18:28 +0100, mike dixon wrote:
I'm using evo 1.4.6.  I have many "Sent" emails that were sent
with attachments and many emails I've received that have attach-
ments I no longer want.  I looked on evo menus, etc., didn't see
anything and  would like to know if there's some way to remove
these attachments (to save space) without having to delete the
email itself or resend it to myself sans attachment?

No.  The last time someone asked, the response was that changing
the body of the email is wrong, so they weren't going to do it.

SOX would probably (definitely??!!) agree with them.

                                                      If there's
no evo-way to do this (and am using mbox), can I strip out the
attachments by hand (in the ~/evo* dir)?

MIMEdefang?  Force shutdown evo first, though.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Temporarily not of Jefferson, LA USA

Spit in one hand, and wish for peace in the other.
Guess which is more effective...