[Evolution] removing attachments

I'm using evo 1.4.6.  I have many "Sent" emails that were sent with attachments and many emails I've received
that have attachments I no longer want.  I looked on evo menus, etc., didn't see anything and  would like to
know if there's some way to remove these attachments (to save space) without having to delete the email
itself or resend it to myself sans attachment?  If there's no evo-way to do this (and am using mbox), can I
strip out the attachments by hand (in the ~/evo* dir)?