Re: [Evolution] Subjects changed in message list - how can I stop it?

On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 11:55 +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:
On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 10:11 +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 09:41 +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:
Our mail setup flags messages with the prefix [SPAM] if they are so
judged by spamassassin.

However the message list does not display that prefix, so that it is not
easy to identify flagged messages without opening the mail.

I would make a guess that your system is adding a second Subject: header
to the message, and (from your point of view) evolution is displaying
the wrong one.

You are right.

However, it was difficult to identify because even with "View email
source" the first subject line was suppressed.  I only found it by
looking at the message as a file from outside evolution.

Should not "View email source" display the message without any
interpretation?

I'd go along with that.  Report it as a bug -
        http://bugzilla.gnome.org/simple-bug-guide.cgi

Attach an example message to the bug report.

However what should be displayed if a message has more than one subject
is very subject to debate - theres even a case for rejecting such mail
as non-compliant.  I'd see about modifying the configuration of the
beast adding the second subject line to be less abusive.

        Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]