Re: [Evolution] Customised alarm - no email

hi dougie,

(sending this back on the list)

Am Mittwoch, den 21.09.2005, 14:19 +0100 schrieb Dougie McGilvray:
I take it the evolution-server running on my Linux box which comes with
the client is not the server you're meaning?

Evolution Data Server is a personal data server running on the machine
where the depending Evolution session is running. It is not a multi-user
server, so no, it is not the server I mean. :-)
Evolution Data Server is meant specifically as the Evolution data
storage daemon, it is not a replacement for Exchange or
Opengroupware.org.
By releasing Evolution 2.0 (and Evolution Data Server 1.0), Evolution
has been split into the frontend (called Evolution) the user interacts
with, and a backend database (called Evolution Data Server) which
provides interfaces and functions for other programs to interact with
Evolution. For example, Gaim can synchronize its data with Evolution
Data Server and Evolution's tasks and appointments can be displayed by
the Gnome clock.

I suppose I could run the
'mail' command line application to mail something

In that case, what is the behaviour when the computer is switched off
when a reminder occurs? Will the reminder be actioned when the computer
is next switched on, or will it be ignored?

no idea of that stuff, haven't used that, sorry. :-/

cheers,
andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!