Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.2.3 ssl access to MS exchange

hi mario,

Am Mittwoch, den 21.09.2005, 08:56 +0200 schrieb Sachteleben, Mario:
Dear all,

I have installed evolution 2.2.3 and the ximian connector 2.2.3 on
RedHad 9. Now I can't acces to our exchange 2003 server with ssl. Our
Admin says, that this server able to react on ssl requests. What can I
do?

you get SSL if you set "use secure connection" to "always". "whenever
possible" means TLS. it's located at "Edit | Preferences | Mail Accounts
| Edit | Sending Email | Security".
afaik evolution checks port 993 first and then falls back to port 143
(STARTTLS) if evo fails to connect.

cheers,
andre

--