Re: [Evolution] Accessing Public Folders

On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 13:39 -0700, William Cassis wrote:
Right now, we have a couple public folder trees with hundreds of
subfolders inside them.  In the evolution 1.x branch, I was able to
navigate through these trees.  Unfortunately, it looks like in order to
use public folders with 2.x, I need to add them to my favorites which
doesn't add the sub-folders.

Yes it doesn't. You need to add each folder to favorites to access them.
And if you don't want to access them, you can remove them form your
favorites list.
I remember there is a bug on this in bugzilla. You can add your comments
to it. I feel adding all the sub-folders by default is not good,
May be we can have an option somewhere to add all the sub-folders or
select all folders and add to favorites..

Is the current public folder functionality intentional or due to some
limitation of the way Evolution connects to the exchange server?  If
it's intentional, what caused the change?

I think it is by design. May be not to populate all the public folders
on start up.

Are there any plans to change the way public folders work in 2.x to
something more along the lines of the 1.x branch?

I don't think so.

How have other people managed to get around this problem?  I understand
that using public folders to store all this information isn't the best
idea, but this system has been working very well for a long time and
we'd like to keep using it if possible.

I didn't what is the problem with accessing public folders?
Is it that you can access it only after marking it as your favorite?
But it is one time activity!.
Or is it that marking the top folder, not adding it's sub folders?

Thanks
Sushma.