[Evolution] Accessing Public Folders

Hello,

I've been looking to migrate from Outlook to Evolution 2, but I'm having
some problems using public folders.

Right now, we have a couple public folder trees with hundreds of
subfolders inside them.  In the evolution 1.x branch, I was able to
navigate through these trees.  Unfortunately, it looks like in order to
use public folders with 2.x, I need to add them to my favorites which
doesn't add the sub-folders.

Our public folders contain lots of historical email threads that must be
accessible by many people.  I know that the problem I'm having now is
not something new as I found mailing list entries from 2004 concerning
the exact same thing, but nothing new since then.

Is the current public folder functionality intentional or due to some
limitation of the way Evolution connects to the exchange server?  If
it's intentional, what caused the change?

Are there any plans to change the way public folders work in 2.x to
something more along the lines of the 1.x branch?

How have other people managed to get around this problem?  I understand
that using public folders to store all this information isn't the best
idea, but this system has been working very well for a long time and
we'd like to keep using it if possible.

Thanks!

William Cassis
will nextlevelinternet com