Re: [Evolution] working tls support?

Ok, I got it to work now, using the "Login" authnetication type and "use secure connection whenever possible". The only question remaining is that when I let evolution check which authentication types are supported, it also tells me that CRAM-MD5 is supported (which I was assuming anyway, since I set up qmail that way).

But when I use CRAM-MD5 as authentication I get: "Unable to authenticate to SMTP server. Bad authentication response from server."

Any clues why? Or perhaps how I could turn the logging on for a smtp session (from evolution)?

Regards. Igor

Not Zed wrote:

"use secure connection always" isn't tls, it is ssl.

use "whenever possible", it will use tls.

I tried to fix this ages ago, to say what it actually meant, but for
some unexplained reason it was seen as 'confusing to users' so was
reverted.