[Evolution] not able to import vCards Version 2.1

Hello,

I am using Evolution 2.2.1.1 on an Ubuntu 5.04 distribution and have
problems importing vCards with a Version < 3.0. For now, I could only
check with vCards Version:2.1 and 3.0 . It works perfectly with 3.0 but
not at all with Version 2.1 . Not at all means, that if I import a vCard
via File/Import the contact wont be saved in my adressbook. Also
attached vCards on mails are neither shown (if I choose the option) nor
saved in the adressbook.

Do you have any Idea how to import vCards with Version<3.0 ? Is it
possible that Evolution is not downwards compatible?

thanx
dirk