[Evolution] Changing quotation character.

Hello all,

For a long time, I wanted to change the quote character '>', with
something else. I waited for the support to come, but now I decided to
come up with a script that would do this for me.

I've attached a small script that changes the quote character to '|--'
if its a new message. If the message is a reply, then this script
changes the quote character to the first eight characters of the
sender's name (picked from the citation :)

Setup:
~~~~~~
This is what I've done for one of the accounts. I've set the "Server
Type" in "Sending Options", to "Sendmail". I then
(sym)linked /usr/sbin/sendmail to point to this script.

Assumptions:
~~~~~~~~~~~~
      * mess822 package [1] is installed. A couple of (careful) grep
        statements should take care of this.
      * qmail is installed. Changing the 'qmail-inject' line should
        solve the problem.
:)

Things to do:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm still learning shell scripting. Need to improve on the following
things:
      * I'm assuming that any first character that is '>' should be
        replaced. This is not a 'cool' solution. You could have that
        symbol in the first column in your message (or reply) or
        attachment (???) too.
      * I'm using DJBs mess822 package [1] to get the "From:" address. I
        don't know how to grep only the headers of the email.
      * I need to find a better way to find the name from the citation.

Please comment on this script and help me in fixing the above. :)

Hope this script proves to be helpful for someone else too. :)

Srinidhi.

[1] http://cr.yp.to/mess822.html
~~~
Why do they call a fast a fast, when it goes so slow?
~~~
Now listening to Title: Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling [live]