[Evolution] List behavior heads-up (was: Re: Mailing List test)

what you noticed is a feature of mailman
that tries to avoid that you get mails multiple times.
As it is configured for the evolution list the list-mail
is not sent to you if you are already included in the
To: or Cc: header.
If you dont like that you can change this in you personal settings
for the list at http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/options/evolution-list
the setting is right at the bottom and is called
"Avoid duplicate copies of messages?".

Thanks, Christoph. :-)  This indeed was set. [1]

Strange though, that it did not use to be that way. I believe this
changed /after/ the lists where transferred to gnome.org, but I
currently don't have proof of this -- so I might be wrong.

Even more strange is, that I got two replies to my previous mails. One
got the message duplicated, the other one did not.

Some more observations: My password was changed!

So obviously transferring the list to gnome.org was not done
transparently. This one will bite anyone who wants to unsubscribe or
change settings. (And it possibly explains the issues folks had when
trying to unsubscribe...)

This isn't a sane default value anyway, IMHO. It encourages folks to
reply to sender only, when they got the response to all -- due to the
simple fact the list filters won't work... *sigh*

Anyway, solved by re-setting I hope. Thanks again...

...guenther

[1] Doh! I thought about list settings, but quickly forgot about it,
    cause behavior changed without me changing anything... :/