Re: [Evolution] evolution spell ckecker problem

How's that different from what I wrote? ;)

hmm... fair question after having re-read your posting. seems like my
night was too short. ;-)

hehe :)

if this does not solve your spellchecking problems, you could also try
the hard way: shut evolution down by closing evolution and then using
the command evolution --force-shutdown.
after that, remove the file $HOME/.gconf/GNOME/Spell/%gconf.xml so all
your spellchecking settings get deleted. the file gets recreated and
according to two user postings on the evolution mailing list,
spellchecking worked again.

Hmm... Do you mean, that contrary to what I've read and what the both of
us mentioned, these versions actually are not incompatible, but some
stale settings have to be removed? So those settings render them
incompatible?

Or do you mean "in *addition* to equaling the versions" this could solve
remaining issues?

it's meant to be the general "if nothing helps at all"-case.

several postings about spell checking problems on this list were solved
by doing this - though sandeep's problems really look like being a
versions' conflict and not a gconf issue, fair point.

I was just curious. This (the version conflict) is one of the issues I
solved pretty often on IRC for others, but never ever stumbled across it
myself...

How do all those folks end up with incompatible versions anyway? I do
know only a few of 'em used self built distros. If it's a RPM based
distro, this is a packagers issue.

...guenther