[Evolution] Re: Problem in building the gtkhtml

On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 00:20 -0800, Himanshu Mandge wrote:
Hi Devashish

I am using RHEL-4 Desktop.
I installed all other stuff for which i was getting
error
while running autogen.sh .

No autogen.sh runs with no error.

After running autogen.sh , it says "type make to
compile gtkhtml".

when i say make it starts compiling and after that it
comes out with some errors . like ...

<command line>:8:1: warning: this is the location of
the previous definition
editor-control-factory.c:40:25: glib/gstdio.h: No such
file or directory
This file should be there in glib includes. If its not there try
updating your glib or take the easier way out, replace g_open with open
and then you don,t need to include gstdio.h

editor-control-factory.c: In function
`load_from_file':
editor-control-factory.c:251: warning: implicit
declaration of function `gtk_html_filename_from_uri'
it is defined in gtkhtml/src/gtkhtml-private.h. Check if it is included
correctly, if you cant figure it out just use g_filename_from_uri
instead.
editor-control-factory.c:251: warning: assignment
makes pointer from integer without a cast
editor-control-factory.c:253: warning: implicit
declaration of function `g_open'
make[4]: *** [editor-control-factory.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/root/cvs/gnome/gtkhtml/components/html-editor'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/root/cvs/gnome/gtkhtml/components/html-editor'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/root/cvs/gnome/gtkhtml/components'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/cvs/gnome/gtkhtml'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Can you get something from above lines ?
Or shuld i send you the all the messages which i got
during "make".

Thanks

PS: Cc all your mails on evolution-list instead of just to me, so that
in case if I am not able to send a prompt response somebody else may.

Thanks
Devashish Sharma

--- Devashish <sdevashish novell com> wrote:

No nothing else is required to install gail.
can u tell me the distribution you are using (Suse,
Fedora)
gail requires atk, gtk+-2.0 and libgnomecanvas-2.0.
gail alone will not help, you require gail-devel
also.

The best option is that while installing you
distribution select all the
stuff under gnome development. That way you will
have all the libraries
required to build anything on gnome.

On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 22:26 -0800, Himanshu Mandge