[Evolution] Re: Problems with cyrillic

ÐÐ ÐÑÐ, 2005-11-15 ÐÐ 12:06 -0500, Jeffrey Stedfast ÐÐÐÐÑÐ:
Not all mail clients in the world support UTF-8 (sadly, I am told that
Outlook doesn't for example). The MIME rfcs also suggest clients to try
and use the least-common-denominator charset for header encoding, which
is why Evolution used iso-8859-5 - it is MUCH more likely that clients
will support is-8859-5 over UTF-8.

Mozilla Thunderbird supports UTF-8 that's for sure. I got complains from
two recipients using Thunderbird and since I've been using Thunderbird
for a long time before switching to Evo I thought that smth was wrong
with Evolution.

I guess I really don't care if the problem is connected to the other
side clients.

Anyhow, thanks for the explanations guys.

--
ÐÑÐÐÐÐÐ ÐÐÐÐÐ
ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ ÑÐÑÑÐÐÑ ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÑÐ