[Evolution] Signature text getting deleted

Hi there

I'm a brand new user of Evolution, and it looks like a nice app. I've got one major problem with it though when I create a new message and tell it to use a HTML formatted signature file. If at any point in composing the email the delete key is pressed, it deletes everything from that point forward until the end of the mail message. This only seems to happen when a signature is defined.

This is a pain, and it will stop me using it. Is there some option I should set, or some workaround to stop me going back to using Kontact?

Thanks for any tips!