Re: [Evolution] shutdown doesn't shutdown, evolution-exchange-storage quit after suspend.

On Sat, 2005-11-12 at 09:39 -0800, John Stile wrote:
[snip]
These steps don't work when I suspend the laptop at work, take it home,
start the vpn, and then start evolution.  I always get this error:
  The Application  "evolution-exchange-storage" has quit unexpectedly.
Once in a while "evolution-exchange-storage" won't quit, but it will
repeatedly ask for my password, and never let me log in.

What happens when you put evolution in Offline
mode before you put your machine to sleep ? does
it still crash when you go online ? I dont use
exchange so i am not too sure what will happen.
On IMAP nothing crashes but because evolution
does not understand the state of the network
it loops trying to contact the server and or
times out.

I am writing Network Manager support
for evolution as i speak. So soon if you
plug your machine of the network evolution
will automatically go offline and when the
network gets activated it goes online again.
I really dont know if this will solve the issue
because i dont understand the semantics of an
Exchange account but i hope its a simple side
effect of being disconnected abruptly. In which
case the N/M manager support will fix it.

Cheers,
Shreyas