Re: [Evolution] IMAP bug in 2.4?

Thanks, that seems to have done it, though I did have to wipe
my .evolution directory.

Sorry I didn't get back earlier...

I'm not sure, but my first assumption would have been, the IMAP caches
are somehow triggering this. Maybe simply removing the old IMAP cache in
~/.evolution/mail/imap would have solved this already. Just a guess for
the records, though.

Close Evolution, then run ($gconftool-2 --recursive-unset
"/apps/evolution") should clear all your personal evolution settings in
gconf, including account settings.

Eeks. Please don't suggest this, unless you are absolutely sure this
will not harm anything else.

Cause it does in a lot of cases. All Address Books, Calendars, etc.
apart from the default "Personal" one are "gone" after that step. The
data itself still is in ~/.evolution without being harmed, but you don't
see them any longer. To get them back in the UI, some manual steps are
necessary (no UI for this). All Categories are dropped from your
Contacts. Again, they still are there physically, but you don't see them
unless you adjust the Category Master List again. To name just a few...

I am not sure whether you need to remove .evolution, but you can make a
backup of it first before you remove it.

Backups are always good. :-)  Not only of the data, but settings as
well. 'gconftool-2 --help' is your friend, watch out for --dump and
--load. ;)

...guenther

--
A: No.
Q: Should I put my reply above quoted text?