Re: [Evolution] IMAP bug in 2.4?

Close Evolution, then run ($gconftool-2 --recursive-unset "/apps/evolution") should clear all your personal evolution settings in gconf, including account settings. I am not sure whether you need to remove .evolution, but you can make a backup of it first before you remove it.

   Harry

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

I recently had to make a minor change to my configuration. My IMAP server changed name (nothing else, just the DNS name), so I edited Preferences for the Receiving options, not forgetting to fix the Defaults (I keep Sent and Drafts on the server).

Now a bunch of my IMAP folders appear duplicated. Not all, just some. They appear to contain the same content, and in fact new messages show up in both "copies", but physically there's only one set of data on the IMAP server; I checked to make sure.

Clearly there's a synch problem with Evo's local state. I tried going offline and on again, tried deleting the account and recreating it, tried refreshing the mail, tried resubscribing to folders. Nothing makes any difference.

Is there any solution other than completely destroying my Evo installation and starting again? If not, what do I have to do apart from deleting .evolution?

poc (who's sending this via TBird just in case ...)