Re: [Evolution] move deleted messages

No, I'm an ex-pine user and would like all my deleted emails moved to a
separate folder for archiving later (at the beginning of each month).
I'm new to the vfolder concept, maybe it can already be done?

Not AFAIK.

Here's some discussion I just copy-n-pasted from an old post:

  Deleting a mail does not instantly erase the mail, but mark it for
  deletion (just like most other mailers do it, too). You have the option
  of still seeing these "deleted" mails [1] or not.

  Moving mails is simply a "copy and delete" action, therefore anything
  said about deleting applies for moving, too.

  The Trash actually only is a vFolder (virtual Folder) which lists all
  mails marked for deletion.

  To permanently erase the "deleted" (actually marked for deletion) mails
  from disk, use Actions / Expunge (current folder) or Actions / Empty
  Trash (all folders). You can setup Evolution to Empty Trash on Exit, so
  you will not have to manually empty the trash.

  I hope, this clears things up...

So deleted mails are actually only marked for deletion. There is no way
to change the behavior of the Empty Trash or Expunge actions. And as
Trash is a vFolder, you cannot use another folder either.

However, there is a somewhat critical way:

Do NEVER EVER use Empty Trash or Expunge. Then periodically move all
messages from your Trash to the archive folder -- and undelete the mails
moved to the archive folder (they still have the deleted flag!). After
that you may Empty the Trash...

However: Preferences / Mail Preferences / Empty Trash on Exit might kick
your butt...

So "No", I guess...

...guenther