Re: [Evolution] Unavailable messages when offline

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 15:43 +1000, Andrew Cowie wrote:
I'm often offline; I have some IMAP folders set to copy locally and some
not.

I "know" what real folders are likely or not to have messages, but when
working in vFolders usability degenerates into a nightmare because of
the popup error dialog that keeps happening every other message saying
it's not available.

Hmm, the code should probably surpress the popup error box for such messages - I thought it did at some point.

It would be brilliant if when unavailable a message became unsensitive
or otherwise grayed out (and, if preview pane is open, just display a
place holder image or something)

I suppose a flag could be added to the messageinfo to say that the message isn't available.  Then the ui could render/act appropriately.  It gets a bit fuzzy because some messages may be partially online, e.g. text is available, attachments are not.  I'm not sure how easy it would be off the top of my head to actually implement this flag and keep it up to date though.