[Evolution] Evolution and mailto

I have evolution 2.0 on SuSE 9.2

Is there a way to launch an email composer windows, for sending an
email, without launching evolution?

Reason: most of the time I do not have launched evolution, but I might
find an mailto URL that I want to click and send an email. If evolution
is not launched it launches it and then open an email composer window,
which is annoying. Is there a way to suppress this behavior? You can do
this in the KDE counterpart, kmail only launches the composer window.

Thanks in advance