Re: [Evolution] Creating a top level new directory under a maildir folder?

On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 12:05 -0700, Evolution List wrote:
I am toying with maildirs in Evolution to see if I might not be able use
this storage format in place of the default mbox format and am still
somewhat confused regarding how to use it under Evolution.

One aspect that is confusing is this.  I have a maildir folder named
"Maildir Storage".  Within this folder there is one "inbox" folder with
some other directories underneath it and then a folder called "Junk" and
one called "Trash" on the same level as "inbox".

All this from setting the Maildir Storage account to be a Maildir server
type :).

So...when I go to create a new folder by highlighting the Maildir
Storage folder and right clicking, selecting New folder, nothing
happens.

When I highlight the "inbox" folder and right click to create a new
folder, it is created just find inside "inbox".

How do I create a new folder at the same level as the "inbox", "Junk",
and "Trash" folders?

you can't, ~/.maildir/ is the toplevel folder... (aka Inbox)

Incidentally does anyone know whether the maildir format is officially
supported through Evolution and actively developed?  Such that I can
count on it?  Or is it there for compatibility with other email programs
type of thing but not really encouraged in use?

it's maintained.

Jeff

Thanks.

Carlos