[Evolution] Unable to connect to backend

I am using evolution-2.1.6 and ximian-connector-2.1.6. When trying to connect to my exchange server I get this error:

 Error while Scanning folders in "Exchange server mail.impinj.com".

Could not connect to Evolution Exchange backend process: No such file or directory.

I have always had problems with exchange on this computer so I'm guessing there is some sort of permissions problem or something somewhere. I tried creating a new user and setting thigs up that way but still no luck. I also tried starting the exchange backend process manually and I get this message:

 ]$ /usr/libexec/evolution/2.2/evolution-exchange-storage

(evolution-exchange-storage:11312): libedata-cal-WARNING **: e-data-cal-factory.c:433: cannot register the calendar factory OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Exchange_Connector_CalFactory:2.2 (not listed)

 Could not register Evolution Exchange backend services.
This probably means another copy of evolution-exchange-storage
is already running.

I get this message even if I run this command and I have nothing else running but bash and xinit.

Thanks in advance for any help!