Re: [Evolution] Re: Remote Calendar using https

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 09:25 -0800, Chris Haumesser wrote:
Is this a feature that is in the plans for an upcoming release?  It
seems odd to me that evolution would support SSL everywhere else (imap,
pop, smtp), but not for http/webdav connections.  I think nearly every
other calendaring app out there, which supports webdav-based calendars,
supports https.  SSL is ubiquitous these days, so I don't understand why
no one has added this functionality.

When we originally wrote it, it was for sites like icalshare that don't
do SSL.  The underlying libraries are support ssl, there is just no real
way currently to specify to use ssl in the UI.

Its likely this will get fixed in 2.4.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>