Re: [Evolution] Spellchecking

Am Montag, den 27.06.2005, 16:40 -0400 schrieb Kelly J. Morris:
aspell is installed. I thought that gnome-spell was installed, too, but
it was gnome-spell2, so I installed gnome-spell. But nothing is showing
up in the Composer Preferences> Spellchecker> Languages.

Make sure you have gnome-spell >= 1.0.x, aspell and aspell-XX (where XX
is your locale, for example "aspell-en" for US English or "aspell-en-uk"
for British English) installed, depending on your distribution package
system. Evolution does not use myspell.

aspell is in /usr/bin , and the folders aspell, aspell-en, aspell-fr, and aspell-pt are in
/usr/share/doc/packages

The README for the aspell package refers to it as "GNU Aspell 0.50.5".

gnome-spell-1.0.5 and gnome-spell are in /opt/gnome/share

gnome-spell2 and gnome-spell are in /usr/share/doc/packages

Also, in /opt/gome/share/local/fr/LC_MESSAGES , I found gnome-spell-1.0.5.mo and gnome-spell-0.5.mo

in /opt/gnome/share/local/pt/LC_MESSAGES, I found gnome-spell-1.0.5.mo and gnome-spell-0.5.mo

You can also check gnome-enabled dictionaries by using gconf-editor. The
GConf key /GNOME/Spell/language  should contain a space-separated list
of the languages you have enabled (i.e. "en-US es" for US english and
Spain).

Engish (American) is the only dictionary enabled. French and Portuguese don't appear in the "Languages"
window so that I can select and enable them.

In ~/.gconf/GNOME/Spell there is only one file: %gconf.xml  -  there is no "language" folder. This file lists
"language0," "language1," "language2," etc.

according to a posting by Daniel Gryniewicz on sunday, the problem is
also that aspell 0.6* is not compatible with aspell-0.5* dictionaries.

YAST indicates that aspell is current.

Upgrade your dictionaries (or downgrade your aspell).

I don't know how to downgrade - I have always used programs like Red Carpet, Synaptic, and Yast to do the
upgrading and downgrading.

Thanks.  Kelly

--- Begin Message ---
hi kelly,

[...]