Re: [Evolution] Duplicate mails from POP server

hi al,

Am Montag, den 27.06.2005, 09:31 +0200 schrieb LLLActive GMail com:
Evo (intermittently) collects all the already fetched mails it fetched
before; again and again. It comes to multiple copies. I even marked all
messages as 'read' and cleared them to a Backup folder, away from the
in-box. All the mails were collected again.

sigh... i answered the same question five days ago.

ok, here we go, several possible reasons i've collected over the
years: ;-)

- You have got several copies in your mailbox
- The mail server supports the UIDL extension yet changes the message
UIDs each session
- The mail server does not support UIDL (which means Evolution has to
generate UIDs using md5sums of the message headers) but the server
changes the message headers after download (usually adding a Status: or
be missing other headers that this particular server munges)
- $HOME/.evolution/mail/pop/cache-* files are not writable

You can find a script to get rid of those duplicates at
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2005-January/041442.html, use it at your own risk. :-)

cheers,
andre

--