[Evolution] evolution 2.2.2 and uw-imapd problems

Hi,

I'm a newcomer to evolution, and I'm really impressed with what I've
seen so far.  Unfortunately I'm having problems with IMAP subscription
to folders on my IMAP server (checking my inbox works no problem
though).  So I would appreciate some hints on how to fix these, so I
can fully test out evolution.  Here are the problems I'm encountering:

- is there some way to limit # of IMAP connections to a server?  I
think UW-IMAP supports only 1 (if another connection comes in, server
sends a "kiss of death" to any other open one); I think I was
experiencing this a lot, especially during subscription, as errors
about imap server timing out or something to that effect, or the IMAP
folder scan/search proceeding indefinitely sometimes...

- I override the imap namespace to the typical "mail/" (which should
refer to ~me/mail/ on the server); when I'm subscribing to folders, I
get an extra level/entry, which is all blank space, as a child of
"mail"; I don't get this under thunderbird, and there is nothing in
that directory that I can think of that would cause this... odd

- when I subscribe by clicking on the checkboxes for some of the
folders, how do I get them to appear in the current mail session in the
folder list? currently I shutdown and restart evolution to see these
folders listed  (I have "show subscribed folders only" option on)

- once these folders do show up, they are listed twice each in the
folder tree! is this a bug or some misconfiguration on my part?  IIRC,
browsing of these folders does work though...