Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.2 Start-up Crash and Problem Solving Process (Mac OS X)

Am Freitag, den 24.06.2005, 07:36 -0700 schrieb Toni Eliasz:
Unfortunately I don't have the developer tools
installed and I'm currently travelling. Is there
anything else I can try before I'm able to have my
installation cds and install the tools including gdb.
For example if I reinstall evolution what would be the
process and what precautions should I take into
account?

which development tools?! you only need gdb! and since you obviously
have internet access, hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to find a place
to download... ;-)

"reinstalling" does not make sense at all to me.

evolution stores your data in "$HOME/.evolution/", your account settings
in "$HOME/.gconf/apps/evolution" and your passwords in
"$HOME/.gnome2_private/Evolution".
so you could try erasing $HOME/.gconf/apps/evolution, but be aware to
have backups...! "paranoia saves your day."

:-/

cheers,
andre

--