Re: [Evolution] basic questions that I haven't seen answered anywhere

hi ben,

Am Sonntag, den 12.06.2005, 13:23 -0500 schrieb Ben Miller:
On Sunday 12 June 2005 12:49, Andre Klapper wrote:
Make sure you have enabled "Check incoming mail for junk". You can find
this option  in "Edit | Preferences | Mail Preferences | Junk |
General".

Thanks for your help. That's exactly what I've done, but to no avail.

no ideas otherwise, but quoting guenther (thanks) from another thread:

"The Junk filtering of Evo uses the well known and very good SA to flag
the mails. SA should identify most SPAMs out the box. However, results
get better, once the Bayesian classifier kicks in, which by default
needs to learn 200 messages each SPAM and HAM (non-Junk). So train your
Bayes good... ;)"

...so perhaps you have to train it first (don't know, i don't use
evolution's junk filtering).

cheers,
andre

--