RE: [Evolution] why is reply-to not to the list?

Well, IIRC this quote is out of context. NotZed was talking about the
context menu (right click on a mail).

Yes.. I was referring to that as well. I believe Anders was commenting
on that.

OK. I wasn't sure, as I didn't see it mentioned anywhere...

Yes, it is true that there is no "Reply to List" in the context menu.

No, it is NOT true, that this functionality was removed. Reply to List
still is available. Please just have a look at the Actions menu in
2.2.x. The accelerator Ctrl-L still does work as well.

but for some people, with the hand on the mouse already, it's much
easier to just right click and select reply to list rather than to go to
actions and select it or use ctrl-L

That's what I meant.

Yeah, well, that's a habit. ;)

Sure, you are right about "using the mouse before". But then again...

You are going to use the keyboard anyways right after triggering the
Reply (to List) action. So moving your hands off of the mouse to the
keyboard is a step necessary once -- in any case. You can start writing
immediately after using the keyboard accelerator. Well, one option at
least...

Anyway, the GUI designers decided to clean up the right click context
menu. They did. Maybe it is better than before, at least it is not as
overloaded and confusing than it used to be. Maybe it is not. I don't
know, cause I rarely use it.

If you guys believe, they removed a vital option, please file a bug at
bugzilla.gnome.org, priority normal. Mention that it is a "regression"
in the description. And post the bug number here for others to comment
on that bug.

Any change will break habits. I got to cope with that pretty often...

...guenther