[Evolution] Moving evolution files and data from 1.4.6 to 2.0.4

I've been moving to Fedora 3, which currently uses Evolution 2.0.4.  My
previous systems used another version of linux which used Evolution
1.4.6 and which cannot use version 2.0.4 without substantial updates of
the rest of the system.  I am doing clean installs of Fedora as my old
system was getting a bit flaky due to accumulated changes over the
years.  My question--is there an easy way to import all my 1.4.6 mail
files and settings over to the 2.0.4 system?  I've tried copying the
evolution directory from my home directory on the 1.4.6 system over to
my home directory on the 2.0.4 machine, and even have tried to
substitute it for the .evolution directory that is created by the 2.0.4
program.  I have also looked for some way to import files in the
documentation and via google.  However, so far nothing has been
successful.  I'm hoping that the solution is easy and is just evading
me.  Can anyone suggest a solution?  Surely this is a pretty common
thing to want to do.