Re: [Evolution] Outlook PST Equivalent

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 19:11 +0200, guenther wrote:
'formail' is one of the great tools that can ease automatic archiving.

I'm a fan of "formail" for munging local mboxes (it should be more
widely known) but it's not a lot of use for moving stuff around on an
IMAP server.

Granted, true. But using formail to split mbox files you can use any
script to move mails one by one, for example based on the received date
for archiving purposes.

procmail is the tool, that can do about anything regarding moving stuff
around on your IMAP server. :)

How so?  I thought it only acted as an MTA filter.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Though force can protect in emergency, only justice, fairness,
consideration and cooperation can finally lead men to the dawn of
eternal peace."
Dwight D Eisenhower