Re: [Evolution] Remote access to calendar/task list

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 11:42:00AM +0800, Not Zed wrote:
On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 16:54 -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
Sometimes I'd like to check my calendar or todo list from another
computer (connected via ssh).

One solution would be to start evolution in a remote X session.  But the
connection is dialup, so I'd rather not.  (Also, is it OK to have two
copies of evolution running?)

I'm dimly aware that evolution has a bit of a client server
architecture, judging by all the components that come up.  But I'm not
familiar with how GNOME handles this.  Is there some way to talk across
machines?

Not really, it is a local service only.  You could write a text-mode
client accessing the same data ... but it isn't really the same thing.

I thought the core GNOME machinery was based on CORBA, and so the
components didn't care whether they were local or remote.