Re: [Evolution] [Fwd: Re: Tunning for large number of files in INBOX]

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 13:48 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 13:16 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 10:41 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
[snip]

A huge slowness for Evo IMAP is the fact that it has to ask for
whole-headers in order to support vfoldering on mailing-lists,
attachment icons in the message-list, etc.

If you eliminate the need to FETCH BODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS ...], and
instead can settle on just ENVELOPE, things are MUCH faster.

I guessed you'd say that, so the next question is: why can't vfolders be
turned off? (I know Trash and Junk are a special case). There are times
when I'd trade *some* features for speed if I had a choice.

I second that.  (Especially since I don't use vfolders.)

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

No war plan survives first contact with the enemy.