Re: [Evolution] Synching Evo

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 10:57 +0800, Gideon N. Guillen wrote:
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:48:40 +1100, Andrew Greig <algreig bigpond net au> wrote:
Hi all,

I tried to r sync  a copy of evo 2.03 on my notebook to Evo on my
desktop using

Try using multisync instead to sync two copies of evolution. Go to
http://www.multisync.org . You need to download the latest CVS
snapshot because Evolution 2.x is only supported on the CVS snapshot.
Here's the link for the CVS snapshot.
http://www.multisync.org/files/multisync-cvs-snapshot.tar.gz

Thanks for the tip Gideon,

I did as you said, but after 2 hours in dependency hell, I gave up on
it.

I tried an rsync from within my home directory on my notebook to sync
with my desktop machine on 192.168.0.16 thus:

rsync -e ssh -av .evolution/ 192.168.0.16:/home/andrew/.evolution

I ended up with tasks synched, Calendar I just have to assume it worked
as I had no data in either to start with, email went really well, but I
ended up with different numbers of Contacts on the 2 machines, 418 and
488.  I will put some data into my calendar and try again.  At least
nothing got broken :)

Andrew Greig
Melbourne, Australia