[Evolution] [OT] chinese fonts and hex representation boxes

Hi,

Sorry for asking here, but I figure you may know, since you work
so closely with GNOME.

Chinese characters display as little 2-byte hexadecimal boxes,
but Japanese characters display properly (as do non-English western
fonts).

Is this a locales problem or a fonts problem?

Thanks,
Ron
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"You can't have a better tomorrow if you are thinking about
yesterday all the time."
Charles F Kettering