Re: [Evolution] evolution/config.xmldb does not exist or is corrupt

No, "/apps/evolution/version" is not a file, it is a gconf key.

gconftool-2 --set /apps/evolution/version --type string "1.4.6"

from a terminal, should create it.

Shouldn't need to delete .evolution, it shouldn't really have anything in it anyway if it is failing before importing anything anyway.

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 00:50 -0500, Celsun . wrote:

>From: Not Zed <notzed ximian com>
>To: "Celsun ." <tarcell hotmail com>
>CC: evolution lists ximian com
>Subject: Re: [Evolution] evolution/config.xmldb does not exist or is
>corrupt
>Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:17:18 +0800
>

>oh oops, my last mailwas incorrect.
>
>You probably have an incomplete backup, missing the stuff from gconf.
>
>Try putting "1.4.6" in /apps/evolution/version in gconf.

Not Zed,

Thanks for your quick reply.  How is the "version" file created?  It's not
in the above location.

Should I delete the .evolution directory and the evolution directory in
gconf and start over?

Thanks,

Celsun