Re: [Evolution] Global Catalog Server

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 11:03 +0100, BG wrote:
Hi,

I have Evolution 2.0.3 running and it works fine except of the Global
Catalog of our Exchange Server (2003).

Outlook works using RPC over https.

I cannot telnet our server 3268 port (GC port), becouse it only has
443 port open.

I tested too 2.1.3 version but I can not add exchange account becouse
next botton in add account is grey and  ximian-connector-setup-2.2
don't let me follow GC server screen becouse it can't get server data.

Is normal this? Is necessary to open that port? Why Outlook don''t need it?

Because Outlook uses MAPI rather than WebDAV and LDAP to do the job.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
Novell, Inc.