Re: [Evolution] Palm Sync Debugging

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 09:41 -0500, Jeremey Wise wrote:
[...]
I have one last thing to get evolution to work to its utter perfection.
So far every thing is running swimmingly so I figured I would tackle
PALM sync.

Specs: Thinkpad T41, Samsung i500 (phone/palm), SuSE 9.2,
gnome-pilot-2.0.12-3,pilot-link-0.11.8-126, evolution-pilot-2.0.1-6.2,
evolution-2.0.1-6.2

Error: I run gpilotd-control-applet I can enable "Backup", "Test", and
"ECalendar" but if I enable "ToDo" or "EAddress" gpilotd crashes. I will
then get duplicate contacts in my palm and it also hangs the palm hard.

Questions:
1) Poking around I find
wisej wizej:~/.evolution/addressbook/local> directory where I believe
would be all the local contacts. Can I backup just this director and
restore it in my tests to make sure I don't mess up my contacts?
2) Some of my contacts get sent to my palm but not all. I have not found
the key or methodology as to why some are and others aren't. Is their a
set of key fields that must be filled in?
3) Is their a way to sync both local and global ECalendar events to the
palm. I have personal events scheduled and don't want to have them show
up in the corporate calendar so I keep them local, but my goal is to
have my phone remind me if I have a corporate meeting coming up.

I've had similar problems after which I tried multisync. Because I was
never really happy with it I gave gpilotd another try. That's what I
did:
- I had all the important data already in evolution
- then, I deleted contact, databook, and todo database on the pilot
(using Zcatalog)
- then, open DateBook, ToDo, Address to recreate (empty) databases on
the pilot.
- go to the evolution conduits, select copy to pilot (on all the
conduits)
- sync

After that, synchronization (in both directions) worked again (and is
still working).

hope this helps,
Hp.
--
Hanspeter Kunz                  Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Ph.D. Student                   Department of Information Technology

Spamtraps: hkunz bogus ailab ch hkunz bogus ifi unizh ch
---
May you have warm words on a cold evening,
a full mooon on a dark night,
and a smooth road all the way to your door.