[Evolution] Evolution does not prompt for new password

Hi all,

There is a problem with my Evolution 2.0.3 on Mandrake 10.1 Official (upgrade
from 10.0). My password has been reset for one of my accounts by my provider,
so I would really like Evolution to prompt me to enter the new password.
Instead, Evolution just shows the "send & receive mail" dialog, saying
"waiting" for a few seconds, after which it disappears. Meanwhile, ethereal
shows what happens:

Response: +OK POP3 server ready
Request: CAPA
Response: +OK Capability list follows
Request: USER myusername
Response: +OK User name accepted, password please
Requst: PASS myoldpassword
Respones: -ERR Bad login
Request: CAPA
Response: +OK Capability list follows
Request: LIST
Response: -ERR Unknown AUTHORIZATION state command
Request: UIDL
Response: -ERR Unknown AUTHORIZATION state command
Request: QUIT
Response: +OK Sayonara

Small relevant excerpt from CAMEL_DEBUG:

CamelException.setv(0x8a8a7f0, 304, 'Unable to connect to POP server
mymailserver.
Error sending password: -ERR Bad login')
POP3_STREAM_WRITE(6):
LIST

Authentication type of the account is set to "password".

Does anyone know why Evolution drops the error? Is there a
practical workaround for this? Note that I have already tried removing the
account and re-adding it in the account settings.

Thank you for your help,

Stefan Rijnhart