Re: [Evolution] inbox_problem

hmmm, the fcntl(2) error just means that the mbox file can't be locked
for some reason - usually this is because the filesystem/kernel won't
let it. Since you can read it fine manually I suspect that the mbox file
itself is ok (or at least no permission problems or anything).

along with your mailbox file, there will also be files called
mbox.ev-summary and mbox.ibex.* and a file called mbox.cmeta (where mbox
is replaced by the name of the folder -if and only if- you are using
2.0, otherwise they really are called mbox)

check the permissions on those files and make sure they are read/write
by you. Also make sure they are regular files and not broken inodes or
anything.

if they all look fine to you, you might try rm -f'ing them and seeing if
that helps (they are all auto-generated). if it comes to this ,just be
aware that evo might take a while rebuilding the mbox.ibex files if you
have a lot of mail.

hope that helps,

Jeff