[Evolution] writing to openldap with Evolution 2.02

I have been having an exchange on ldap umich edu with Dieter Kluenter
who may be monitoring this list.

He swears he can get Evolution 1.4 to write to his openldap DSA. I am
using 2.02 (Fedora-3)

http://www.dkluenter.de/anwendung.html
Although this example only refers to a company wide addressbook and
not to a private addressbook. You will find a link to my
combiCalendar.schema, which has been discussed on the evolution
mailinglist a few years ago.
----
OK trying to narrow it down to just the company wide theory...(and
looking at your web site and incorporating your combiCalendar.schema)

I reduced the ACL's to just...

access to attrs=userPassword,sambaNTPassword,sambaLMPassword
        by dn.exact="uid=Administrator,ou=People,dc=azapple,dc=com"
write
        by self write
        by anonymous auth

# I have tried with and without this ACL
access to dn.exact="ou=AddressBook,dc=azapple,dc=com"
        by dn.exact="uid=Administrator,ou=People,dc=azapple,dc=com"
write
        by * read

access to dn.children="ou=AddressBook,dc=azapple,dc=com"
        by dn.exact="uid=Administrator,ou=People,dc=azapple,dc=com"
write
        by * read

# I have tried with and without this ACL
access to dn.subtree="ou=AddressBook,dc=azapple,dc=com"
        by dn.exact="uid=Administrator,ou=People,dc=azapple,dc=com"
write
        by * read

access to dn.subtree="dc=azapple,dc=com"
        by self write
        by * read

Evolution still gives error...if you try to create an entry.
Invalid contact - The contact data is invalid - 'fileAs is empty'

the bindDN used in evolution is the same as below...

though from cli...
# ldapadd -x -h localhost -D
'uid=Administrator,ou=people,dc=azapple,dc=com' -W -f /root/abook4.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry "cn=Craig White,ou=AddressBook,dc=azapple,dc=com"

no problemo

I'm going to try again on evolution list - thanks for your help

Craig